Dear ITSS members,
On behalf of Dr. Meng Lu (VP of Standards Activities, IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Society), we would like to announce an opportunity for initiating and conducting an IEEE standards project using IEEE funds (up to USD $10,000 or USD $20,000 per project, see below). The proposal submission deadline is March 30, 2023.
If you have any questions regarding the IEEE ITSS Standards Activities, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is the first call of 2023 to provide seed funding for projects initiating innovative standards efforts.
IEEE TAB (Technical Activities Board) Committee on Standards (CoS) is looking for proposals from IEEE Societies and Councils (S/Cs) activities to:
- Promote activities leading to new standard development such as submission of a PAR (Project Authorization Request) to IEEE SA (Standards Association)
- Publicize the importance of standards development through meetings, workshops, or conferences
- Cultivate the interest in contributing to standards through various means such as participation recognition with certificates
- Prioritize new applications for sustainability and cost-effectiveness
- Climate change such as clean energy
- Smart sensors
- Smart health
- Intelligent transportation
- Technology management
- Data analytics guidelines
- Open source
- Other areas promoted by technical committees of societies/councils/OUs
These awards are for up to USD $10,000. In addition, in alignment with the priorities of SA and the IEEE, up to USD $20,000 may be offered for new proposals that impact sustainability for either our material universe, for instance, energy or climate change, or sustainability in our information universe, for instance, in internet safety, security, or usefulness.
Note that the Funding Request form has been revised to an online Smartsheet form at: https://ta.ieee.org/
To submit a proposal, please complete the online SmartSheet form by 11:59 pm in your time zone, March 30, 2023.
For any additional information, please contact Edward Au (2023 Chair, TAB Committee on Standards) at email@example.com and Patrick McCarren at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.