*this competition is now closed*
The IEEE ITSS is looking for a new logo that will better reflect the core values of ITSS and create an excellent visual illustration. To engage the current members of ITSS and attract new members, ITSS announces a competition to design a new logo. Once approved by the IEEE, the new logo may be used on the ITSS website, social media sites, business cards, letterhead, posters, or anywhere else ITSS chooses.
- The competition is open to all current ITSS members and student members.
- Non-ITSS members are eligible to participate if they are committed to becoming an ITSS member or a student member by 31 October 2022. Membership number must be included in the submission.
To apply for IEEE-ITSS Membership, please go to https://www.ieee-itss.org/membership
- The competition opens at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) September 6, 2022 and closes at 11:59 p.m. EST November 7, 2022.
- Late submissions will not be considered.
- The logo design competition committee will review submissions and select the winners. Winners will be notified on or before December 5, 2022. December 12, 2022.
- All entries must be submitted electronically to ITSS through the below Online Form. Submissions must include the full name(s) of the person(s) who designed the logo, name, email address, postal address, and telephone number, in addition to IEEE ITSS membership number.
- Entries must be submitted in two file formats,
- a JPEG/PNG file and,
- an editable version file as AI, EPS, or SVG
- The logo must be easy to use, resize, and manipulate for all reproduction purposes.
- All features of the design (fonts, colors, graphics) must comply with the IEEE Master Brand Guidelines. More information can be found here: https://brand-experience.ieee.org/guidelines/brand-identity/
Winner and Prize
The 1st place, 2nd place, and 3rd place winners will be selected by the logo design competition committee from all submissions. The detailed prize information is shown below:
The 1st place Prize:
- $1,000 USD, and
- Award Certificate, and
- A short feature in the ITS Magazine.
The 2nd place Prize:
- $600 USD, and
- Award Certificate.
The 3rd place Prize:
- $400 USD, and
- Award Certificate.
- Entrants need to affirm their submissions are their own original work and have not been copied from others or from previous designs, including their own, and do not violate the intellectual property rights of any other person or entity.
- ITSS shall reserve the right to adapt, edit, modify, or otherwise use the winning submission in part or in its entirety in whatever manner it deems appropriate.
- ITSS reserves the right to choose not to use the winning entry as described in the competition guidelines.
- If the winner is determined to have violated any rules, he/she will be required to forfeit or return the prize, even if the determination is made after the prize has been awarded.
- ITSS is not liable, for the purpose of winner and prize notification and delivery, in the event the competition winner has provided incorrect, outdated, or otherwise invalid contact information.
Final Submission Deadline
11:59 p.m. EST November 7, 2022.
For any questions regarding the competition, please contact us at: