IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Magazine (ITSM)
Call for Expressions of Interest for the ITSM Editor-in-Chief
Application Deadline: 16 December 2022
The Publication Board of IEEE-Intelligent Transportation Systems Society (ITSS) is seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) from IEEE-ITSS members for the role of ITSM Editor-in-Chief (EiC).
The ITSM is published every two months. All editions of ITSM are digitally archived in IEEE Xplore. Members of the IEEE ITS Society have access to the electronic version of the ITSM free of charge. Currently, the Impact Factor is 5.293, the Article Influence Score is 1.031 and the Cite Score is 6.8.
The ITSM publishes peer-reviewed articles that provide innovative research ideas and application results, report significant application case studies, and raise awareness of pressing research and application challenges in all areas of intelligent transportation systems. Please visit the ITSM web page, List of Previous Issues as well as List of Special Issues should you be interested in further details on ITSM and articles that it has published so far.
The ITSM EiC is a key decision-maker in determining the focus, direction and strategy of ITSM. More specifically, through close co-operation with Associate Editors, she/he shall:
- Appoint members of the Editorial Board (i.e. Associate Editors) and engage with them regularly to discuss and drive further development of the journal
- Make all final decisions on acceptance, revisions and rejection of submissions,
- Solicit submissions from industry practitioners,
- Identify topics that should be addressed by publishing special issues,
- Be committed to improving the quality of the manuscript review process while reducing the time from submission to publication,
- Oversee financial aspects of journal operations
- Co-operate with the IEEE Publishing Department towards progressing the IEEE Publishing Portfolio
- Serve as an ambassador for the journal through activities such as encouraging colleagues to submit manuscripts and promoting the journal at seminars, conferences and social media.
The ITSM EiC role is performed by a volunteer.
The ITSM EiC is a member of the ITSS Publication Board and reports to the ITSS Publication Board Chair i.e. the ITSS Vice President (Publications).
Guide to Applicants
In their submission of up to 2 pages, applicants should demonstrate the following profile:
- Skills and experience that they bring to the role (this should be described within up to two lines, i.e. 26 words)
- An extensive expertise in the field of Intelligent Transportation Systems, products and services, and their enabling disciplines
- An extensive track record of research projects and/or commercial research & development projects in the field of ITS,
- An extensive experience as a reviewer and associate editor of IEEE publications,
- An effective and motivational team leadership skills
- Evidence of IEEE & ITSS membership.
Note: List of published articles and completed research or commercial research & development projects as well as a CV can be presented either in an appendix to the submission or by a link to it.
Based on the Publication Boards’ commitment to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion, candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to submit their EOIs.
Please submit your EOI via email to Professor Emeritus Ljubo Vlacic (see contact details below) by COB, 16 December 2022 (Friday).
Dr. Ljubo Vlacic
Professor Emeritus, Griffith University, Australia
Editor-in-Chief, IEEE-Intelligent Transportation Systems Magazine, USA
ph: +61 7 3735 5024; mob: +61 417 633 501 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org