Manuscript Submission Information
The Manuscript Page Excess Fee Policy
- All manuscript types submitted on/after 01 January 2019 are subject to this policy.
- The paper page excess fee applies to accepted manuscripts only.
- The decision to charge authors an excess page fee will be established based on the number of printed paper pages in the Magazine. The number of pages in the printed paper are dependent on many factors such as whether final files include compressed figures with hard to read labels and/or compressed images and non-readable tables, etc. In such cases, pages are redesigned and/or adapted for readability and magazine style. Consequently, a number of pages in the printed paper may be higher than the number of the paper pages included in the final file. The bill will be sent to authors only after their paper is included in the print issue.
- The paper page excess fee of $100USD per excess page will apply.
- No paper page excess fee will apply if:
- Regular Research consists of up to 8 pages
- Short Research Manuscript consists of up to 4 pages
- Review Manuscript consists of up to 12 pages
- Practitioner Manuscript consists of up to 12 pages
- The corresponding author will be requested to make a payment.
- No extension of the set payment deadline will be granted.
- Authors seeking a reduction of their overlength page charges due to economic hardship should send official documentation (e.g., from an institution or employer) stating that their prior year’s income did not exceed US$15,300. The document, along with the paper’s title and DOI/Manuscript Id, should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The IEEE Support Center FAQ can be accessed here.
- Compliance with the standard IEEE double-column paper format is required.
- Regular technical manuscripts may consist of up to 8 pages
- Short technical manuscripts may consist of up to 4 pages
- Tutorials, Survey manuscripts, Technical reports and Review manuscripts may consist of up to 12 pages
- The abstract should comprise no more than 150 words.
- All the authors’ full names (not just initials) should be listed on the first page
- All the authors’ bios, including photos, should also be included in the manuscript, at its end. The sketch should contain, in the following order, highest degree received (including the area of study and the name of the institution), major professional affiliations, your current position and technical interests, and postal and email addresses.
- All illustrations and graphics must be cited in the text, numbered, and have descriptive captions. Graphics should show only the coordinated axes (or at most the major grid lines) to avoid dense, hard-to-read illustrations.
- Please number your references in the alphabetical order according to the first author’s last name. Cite only published materials. Avoid listing multiple references for standards or methodologies that are well known to the community. Citations must include full publication information—for articles, this means listing all authors, the article name, the publication’s full name, the volume and issue number (or the month), the year of publication, and the pages cited. For conference proceedings, we need the article and the proceedings titles, the publisher, the year of publication, and the pages cited.
- The following must be uploaded:
- A PDF version of the manuscript text including the figures, tables, references, bios and all math (in the event that there is a problem with the source files)
- Source file for the text using either LaTeX or MSWord
- Source files of the figures (tif, jpeg, ps, and eps formats). All should have a resolution of at least 300 dpi or higher at the size it should print. Please keep in mind that image quality and resolution are very important in reproducing graphics. Even though IEEE can accept many formats, we generally cannot improve the graphics if they are poor quality when we receive them. Figures should be named fig1, fig2, fig2a, etc.
- Name, mailing address, phone, FAX, and e-mail of corresponding author. This contact data will be used in case of questions and as an address where complimentary copies of the issue will be sent.
- Bio-sketches (about 50 words) and high-resolutions photos of each of the authors. The photo should be submitted as a high-resolution (300 dpi if possible) TIFF, or JPEG.
- Your Main Manuscript document should be formatted according to the publication’s requirements. It may include embedded figures and tables, but should not include any supplementary materials. You may bundle LaTeX manuscript files in a single archive including all LaTeX files, BibTeX files, figures, tables, all LaTeX classes and packages, and any other material that belongs to your main manuscript.
Once all submission components are prepared in line with the guidelines, and ready for the upload, please submit your manuscript via the IEEE Author Portal at https://ieee.atyponrex.com/journal/itsm.
Questions about the suitability of your manuscript
In the case of any doubt please do contact the Magazine’s Editor-in-Chief before making any attempt to submit your manuscript. The Magazine’s Editor-in-Chief, Yisheng Lv, can be contacted via email: email@example.com.
The articles in this journal are peer reviewed in accordance with the requirements set forth in the IEEE PSPB Operations Manual (sections 8.2.1.C & 8.2.2.A). Each published article was reviewed by a minimum of two independent reviewers using a single-blind peer review process, where the identities of the reviewers are not known to the authors, but the reviewers know the identities of the authors. Articles will be screened for plagiarism before acceptance.
Abstract Description and Specifications
For an abstract to be effective when displayed in IEEE Xplore® as well as through indexing services such as Compendex, INSPEC, Medline, ProQuest, and Web of Science, it must be concisely yet comprehensively reflect the article it describes. In particular, the abstract must be:
- Contained, without abbreviations, footnotes, or references. It should be a microcosm of the full article.
- Between 150-250 words.
- Written as one paragraph and should not contain displayed mathematical equations or tabular material.
- Include three or four different keywords or phrases. However, over-repetition of such phrases can result in a page being rejected by search engines.
- Grammatically correct.
IEEE Author Center
English language editing services can help refine the language of your manuscript and reduce the risk of rejection without review. IEEE authors are eligible for discounts at several language editing services; visit the IEEE Author Center to learn more. Please note, these services are fee-based and do not guarantee acceptance.
Posting of the accepted version of their article on Arxiv
Authors are permitted to post the accepted versions of their article on Arxiv. Authors must also include an IEEE copyright notice on the paper (as shown below), as well as the paper’s Digital Object Identifier (DOI).
© 2022 IEEE. Personal use of this material is permitted. Permission from IEEE must be obtained for all other uses, in any current or future media, including reprinting/republishing this material for advertising or promotional purposes, creating new collective works, for resale or redistribution to servers or lists, or reuse of any copyrighted component of this work in other works.
Open Access Publishing Option of the IEEE ITS Magazine
The IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Magazine is a hybrid publication, allowing either traditional manuscript electronic publication or Open Access (author-pays OA) manuscript publication.
The OA option, if selected, enables unrestricted public access to the article via IEEE Xplore. The OA option will be offered to the author post-acceptance as part of the publication and licensing process. If selected, the OA Article Processing Charges (APCs) must be paid before the article is published in the journal. If you have unusual circumstances about this, please contact the Editor-in-Chief. Any other applicable charges (such as the over-length page charge and/or charge for the use of color in the print format) will be billed separately once the manuscript formatting is complete but prior to the publication.
The traditional option, if selected, enables access to all qualified subscribers and purchasers via IEEE Xplore.
Corresponding authors from low-income countries are eligible for waived or reduced open access APCs.