English language editing services can help refine the language of your article and reduce the risk of rejection without review. IEEE authors are eligible for a 10% discount at American Journal Experts. Please note these services are fee-based and do not guarantee acceptance.
Before submitting a manuscript, authors must:
- Format the paper using IEEE style of double column, single spaced. Templates are available at http://www.ieee.org/web/publications/authors/transjnl/index.html.
- Include a short biography for all authors at the end of the paper (only for Regular and Survey papers).
- Create an account for the submission site if they do not already possess one.
Authors can choose among 4 kinds of papers, each with its suggested length in IEEE style:
- Regular Papers: 10 pages
- Short Papers: 6 pages
- Practitioner Papers: 6 pages
- Survey Papers: 18 pages
An author may submit papers that exceeds the suggested length but after the final acceptance, provided they pay an overlength charge of $175.00 (US dollars) for each extra page.
The articles in this journal are peer reviewed in accordance with the requirements set forth in the IEEE Publication Services and Products Board Operations Manual (https://pspb.ieee.org/images/files/files/opsmanual.pdf). Each published article was reviewed by a minimum of two independent reviewers using a single-blind peer review process, where the identities of the reviewers are not known to the authors, but the reviewers know the identities of the authors. Articles will be screened for plagiarism before acceptance.
Abstract Description and Specifications
For an abstract to be effective when displayed in IEEE Xplore® as well as through indexing services such as Compendex, INSPEC, Medline, ProQuest, and Web of Science, it must be concisely yet comprehensively reflect the article it describes. In particular, the abstract must be:
- Contained, without abbreviations, footnotes, or references. It should be a microcosm of the full article.
- Between 150-250 words.
- Written as one paragraph and should not contain displayed mathematical equations or tabular material.
- Include three or four different keywords or phrases. However over-repetition of such phrases can result in a page being rejected by search engines.
- Grammatically correct.
Open Access Transactions Option
The Transactions on IV is a hybrid journal, allowing either traditional manuscript submission or Open Access (author-pays OA) manuscript submission. The OA option, if selected, enables unrestricted public access to the article via IEEE Xplore. The OA option will be offered to the author at the time the manuscript is submitted. The OA fee is $2,045. If you have unusual circumstances about this, please contact the Editor-in-Chief. Any other applicable charges (such as the over-length page charge and/or charge for the use of color in the print format) will be billed separately once the manuscript formatting is complete but prior to the publication. The traditional option, if selected, enables access to all qualified subscribers and purchasers via IEEE Xplore, no OA payment is required.
IEEE Author Center
English language editing services can help refine the language of your article and reduce the risk of rejection without review. IEEE authors are eligible for discounts at several language editing services; visit the IEEE Author Center to learn more. Please note these services are fee-based and do not guarantee acceptance.