Reimbursement Procedures for Travel and other Expenses
At this time, in line with the advice of health authorities regarding current pandemic risks and a return to in-person meetings and domestic and international travel in many regions, the current IEEE pandemic travel policy is rescinded. This policy is replaced with the following:
- All IEEE Volunteer travel and associated meetings must adhere to all appropriate guidance from cognizant local public health authorities. Local policies around meetings and travel vary across the globe and continue to evolve.
- Volunteers engaged in IEEE related travel and in-person activities acknowledge the continuing risk of exposure to COVID-19. Volunteers should understand that IEEE will not indemnify them for any health risk or economic or other loss resulting from exposure to COVID-19 during IEEE activities.
- IEEE will not reimburse costs associated with mandatory or self-quarantine or isolation associated with IEEE volunteer travel. If there is a risk of quarantine on entering or departing an area, IEEE volunteers should instead plan to participate virtually when possible using IEEE video and teleconferencing tools.
- IEEE recommends that if you have any questions, you contact ITSS staff or volunteer leadership.
Reimbursements for Volunteers
IEEE ITSS uses Concur to process expense reimbursements of travel expenses and other reimbursements to Volunteers. Concur is a cloud-based expense reimbursement application, designed to create an easy, efficient, and automated expense reimbursement experience for IEEE volunteers.
Reports submitted through Concur should be submitted with a Cover Letter.
- Click Here if you already have an IEEE account with Concur. (requires IEEE network login)
- Click Here to create an account with Concur.