Submission Information: Information for Authors
All manuscripts must be submitted through Manuscript Central. If needed, contact the editorial office at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
English language editing services can help refine the language of your article and reduce the risk of rejection without review. IEEE authors are eligible for a 10% discount at American Journal Experts; visit http://www.aje.com/go/ieee/ to learn more. Please note these services are fee-based and do not guarantee acceptance.
Before submitting a manuscript, authors must:
- Format the paper using IEEE style of double column, single spaced. Templates are available at https://journals.ieeeauthorcenter.ieee.org/.
- Include a short biography for all authors at the end of the paper (only for Regular and Survey papers).
- Create an account for the submission site if they do not already possess one.
Authors can choose among 4 kinds of papers, each with its suggested length in IEEE style:
- Regular Papers: 10 pages
- Short Papers: 6 pages
- Practitioner Papers: 6 pages
- Survey Papers: 18 pages
An author may submit papers that exceeds the suggested length but after the final acceptance, provided they pay an overlength charge of $175.00 (US dollars) for each extra page. Corresponding authors from low-income countries are eligible for waived or reduced open access APCs.
The articles in this journal are peer reviewed in accordance with the requirements set forth in the IEEE PSPB Operations Manual (sections 8.2.1.C & 8.2.2.A). Each published article was reviewed by a minimum of two independent reviewers using a single-blind peer review process, where the identities of the reviewers are not known to the authors, but the reviewers know the identities of the authors. Articles will be screened for plagiarism before acceptance.
Abstract Description and Specifications
For an abstract to be effective when displayed in IEEE Xplore® as well as through indexing services such as Compendex, INSPEC, Medline, ProQuest, and Web of Science, it must be concisely yet comprehensively reflect the article it describes. In particular, the abstract must be:
- Contained, without abbreviations, footnotes, or references. It should be a microcosm of the full article.
- Between 150-250 words.
- Written as one paragraph and should not contain displayed mathematical equations or tabular material.
- Include three or four different keywords or phrases. However over-repetition of such phrases can result in a page being rejected by search engines.
- Grammatically correct.
IEEE Author Center
English language editing services can help refine the language of your article and reduce the risk of rejection without review. IEEE authors are eligible for discounts at several language editing services; visit the IEEE Author Center to learn more. Please note these services are fee-based and do not guarantee acceptance.
Additional Resources for Authors