Proposing a Special Issue and Instructions for Guest Editors
Prospective special issue guest editors are encouraged to discuss their ideas with the Editor-in-Chief before a formal proposal is submitted. This in particular as a provision for submitting special issue papers must be created at the Scholar One.
Submissions that include guest editors from different countries and regions are strongly encouraged.
Special issue guest editors should be aware of the following:
- For issues with more than one guest editor, please indicate the corresponding editor who will be responsible for coordinating the work and communicating with the Editor-in-Chief on behalf of the group of editors.
- Please propose a timetable for the special issue keeping in mind that it takes a minimum of 3 months for an issue to be published once all final manuscript files are submitted to the Scholar One.
- For issues with invited papers only, guest editors should make sure that all invited papers will be submitted by the established submission deadline.
- If a special issue proposal assumes that a call for papers to the special issue is to be published by the Magazine, then the guest editors will be responsible to create a call for papers and timely distribute it a world-wide.
- All papers submitted to the special issue, regardless of the type of the special issue, will undergo a regular paper peer-review process.
- The final acceptance/rejection decision will be made by the Editor-in-Chief based on recommendations received from reviewers.
The paper submission & review process will be handled through the Scholar One at https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/itsm
The special issue guest editor(s) will also be obliged to write an editorial for their special issue and submit their short bios including quality photos.
ITSM Special Issues and Special Sections