The IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Society (ITSS) is thrilled to announce a unique fellowship opportunity to foster innovative thinking, expand global outreach, and enhance our community’s visibility and impact.
The fellowship opportunity at hand presents a remarkable chance to actively participate in The Annual ITS WiE/YP Workshop & Research Forum taking place in Cairo, Egypt from November 20-22, 2023, and make a valuable contribution to the growth and development of IEEE-ITSS.
It is specifically designed to engage individuals of diverse backgrounds and abilities, who possess the capability to serve our society and play an integral role in organizing various ITS activities and conferences.
We cordially invite our vibrant community of students, researchers, and professionals to submit project proposals that aim to amplify the visibility and impact of the IEEE ITSS. Take this opportunity to showcase your innovative ideas and make a significant difference within the IEEE ITSS community and submit your proposal!
- The fellowship is open to:
- applicants from all backgrounds especially those who can contribute diverse perspectives to ITSS,
- ITS Women, Underrepresented Groups (with no age restrictions), and
- Young professionals
- We highly value active members who are enthusiastic about participating in future engagements within ITSS, including various activities such as committee involvement, conferences, webinars, and more.
- It’s important to note that you do not need to be an IEEE ITSS member to submit a proposal. However, if your proposal is accepted, IEEE ITSS membership will be required to accept the fellowship.
- The fellowship will cover all costs associated with attending the annual ITS WiE/YP Workshop & Research Forum in Cairo, Egypt, including full coverage of the plane tickets, accommodation, and event registration fees.
Note: Details about the plane ticket purchasing/reimbursement process will be provided upon the awardees’ announcement.
- As a reciprocal arrangement, the selected awardee will be expected to contribute to the organization of this event, aligning with the fellowship’s objective of cultivating new talents in the field of ITS.
- To support the awardee in fulfilling their organizational responsibility and to foster their potential, we will arrange for an experienced ITSS member to provide assistance and mentorship throughout the process.